Adult
Dear Mary Lou,
I don't want to continue to be a part of your life. All throughout your childhood, I have already fulfilled my obligations as your father.
You went to an elite boarding school in France that I sent you to. You frequently spoke of your desire to pursue an artistic career. So I gave you the opportunity to paint, sketch, or do whatever else you wanted. But all you managed to do was cause havoc there. Even when you fought with that girl, whose mother later sued you. Do you have any idea how much that cost me?
You consistently missed class. However, I always feigned that I was unaware of it. Your teachers called me frequently out of concern because they hadn't seen you in class for days. But I never paid them any mind. I didn't see anything to worry about. I didn't want to have to worry about about you.
You were set to be kicked out twice. To get them to change their minds, I had to pay a hefty price. Of course, you knew nothing of this. You weren't even paying attention to all the difficulties you were getting me into while you were having a good time in Paris' streets.
I'm not sure why I worked so hard to make your life easier when all you did was cause issues for me. It could be your mum. This sense of duty I experience must be connected to what she herself wanted. To take care of you, our child.
But as I stated before, I have already fulfilled my duties as your father. You are an adult now. You no longer have any influence over me or my life, no matter what you decide to do with yours.
I cannot help you.
You are no longer my responsibility,
you are an adult,
figure it out on your own.
.png)
.png)

Comments
Post a Comment